Ed Lowrance Has Passed

Get the latest news here. Forum Instructions/Tips are also here.

Ed Lowrance Has Passed

Unread postby Jason Rose » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Long-time Friend's member Ed Lowrance passed away last Saturday from cancer. I don't have any details at this time.

I was fortunate enough to meet Ed a few times and share a meal. He was a really neat guy. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Valley.
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Re: Ed Lowrance Has Passed

Unread postby Jonathan Cordova » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:14 pm

thats sad i think we should do a video tribute to him
im a friends member and d&s is mostly where my heart is
Jonathan Cordova
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ed Lowrance Has Passed

Unread postby John Cole » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Ed was a very special man and I am proud to say I got to know and work with him. Ed would listen to his team leaders and do everything in his power to support them. I loved working with Ed because his focus was on supporting and preserving the CATS, and he stayed on target to accomplish that goal.

Ed had other interests as well, he was heavily involved with the Pagosa Springs 'Music in the mountains', which was held for many years at Bootjack Ranch, and there was Ed in the middle of everything as the GO TO guy making sure that everything ran smoothly. With the Friends ever close to his heart, Ed made a deal with the owner of Bootjack Ranch to donate about a dozen telephone poles there to the Friends so we could add to our telegraph line in Chama. (You will see some of those poles in Chama on the telegraph line as well as in Antonito holding up the pole barn protecting the cars)

Ed was a loyal friend, he would be honest with you when he thought you were wrong, but he would have your back no matter what the costs were to him when you were getting piled on and I will always appreciate that. A couple of weeks ago Ed sent me a nice email thanking me for my friendship, (I thought it is I that should be thanking Ed) Thanks Ed, and farewell.
John Cole
Conductor
Conductor

Return to NEWS & Updates