Work Session F, Wednesday August 7, 2013 #1

Discussion Pertaining to Work Session F - 2013

Work Session F, Wednesday August 7, 2013 #1

Unread postby Joe Kanocz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Rainy afternoon in Chama. Around 2pm a thunderstorm rolled in. Strong enough to knock out the electric power for a couple hours.

Big day for RPO 54. It's no longer on the swamp track in front of 483's tender.
DSC00342.JPG

Marshall Smith is the Friend's new Engineer/Fireman. Don Bayer the RPO team leader is the conductor. Marshall's running the new locomotive used by the Friends.
DSC00343.JPG

The historically accurate color for the baggage compartment is baby blue. This is the final interior color. The restoration point for RPO 54 is the 1920's. The door partially closed is in the final Pullman green color
DSC00340.JPG

Here's another shot of the baggage compartment. Floor still has a covering. The floor is oak.
DSC00339.JPG

Here's the mail side. The partition is for the toilet. The hole in the ceiling is for the pot belly stove.
DSC00337.JPG

Sure looks like the first piece of the San Juan is about to be coming back on line. For the missing cars on other railroads, the RPO team leader said for appx $200k of materials any of the cars could be duplicated with Friend's volunteer labor including a Durango or Chama parlor car. And from the looks of the RPO, I think he's right :smiley24: :smiley24: :smiley24:
Joe Kanocz

Re: Work Session F, Wednesday August 7, 2013 #1

Unread postby Blake Bogs » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 pm

I look forward to the day when we do have a San Juan Running again on the C&TS! It will be so sweet! I will defiantly be on that train!
Oh and Fantastic Work!!!! I've so glad we have such talented people volunteering and restoring history like this! I hope to be able to be volunteer at one of the work sessions in the next couple years!
Enjoy
Blake
Blake Bogs
Fireman
Fireman

Return to Work Session F (August 5-9)