WORK SESSION C - Tuesday, June 18 - Part I

Discussion Pertaining to Work Session C - 2013

WORK SESSION C - Tuesday, June 18 - Part I

Unread postby Linda Smith » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

It’s Tuesday, and progress is visible on all fronts!! For example, the Antonito team working on the car shelter has installed several roof panels. The Cook Car 053 team is in the process of rebuilding clerestory window frames. The Chama crew working on Gondola 1232 – a project for the railroad – is well underway. And representatives of the Project Committee and Development/Interpretive Committee met with the work team at Cumbres to develop an approach for essential maintenance and repair of the Cumbres Section House and Car Inspector's House. Many other activities are taking place, as well.

Here are the photos:
000.JPG
Yesterday, we asked if you knew what THIS is!
000.JPG (116.87 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
004.JPG
It's a "Friends Homemade Platform" to raise the sheets up to the roof of the Antonito Car Shelter. The platform is long enough to keep a sheet from bending which it would most likely do if you tried to lift it with a forklift!
006.JPG
The first roof panel is in place and screwed down on the Car Shelter!
017.JPG
The second roof panel is raised up and over the men on the roof.
022.JPG
The third roof panel is being loaded on to the forklift.
027.JPG
This is the underside view of the three roof panels in place.
030.JPG
The fourth roof panel is being unloaded from the forklift platform.
DSCN0222.JPG
Friends' PC Chair John Engs, Terri Shaw, Bob Conry, Pete Dahlberg, Bob Ross and Dave Ferro meet at Cumbres to develop an approach for maintenance and repair of the historic Section House and Car Inspector's House. Ed Lowrance and Linda Smith are taking the photos!
Linda Smith
Brakeman
Brakeman

Re: WORK SESSION C - Tuesday, June 18 - Part I

Unread postby John Cole » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Man, did I miss a great meeting of some really great people to work with. I am looking forward to hearing what they came up with.
John Cole
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Work Session C (June 17-21)