WORK SESSION B - Friday, May 31, 2013 - Part II

Discussion Pertaining to Work Session B - 2013

WORK SESSION B - Friday, May 31, 2013 - Part II

Unread postby Ted Smith » Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 pm

YET MORE PHOTOS ....
006.JPG
Inside of the rebuilt "Cinder Bear" rider gon, showing the installed benches.
016.JPG
RPO Car #054 restoration team member Joe Kanocz and TL Don Bayer take a measurement.
020.JPG
This shows the underside of the RPO car and the difficulty of cutting the planks to fit. The whole underside was, and will be, covered.
023.JPG
This shows some of the really fine craftsmanship that is going into the RPO rebuild! This gives new meaning to the term "high value car!"
035.JPG
RPO Car #054 restoration team members Phil Kuhl and son Mike Kuhl at the end of the day.
Attachments
033.JPG
Phil Kuhl, son Mike Kuhl, TL Don Bayer and Joe Kanocz. Don Bayer has just presented young Mike with a Certificate of Appreciation signed by the team. In my opinion, young people like Mike are the future hope of the Friends' organization and Don Bayer is to be commended for asking Mike to participate. Don also has mentored young Evan Martinez, another talented volunteer!
Ted Smith
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Re: WORK SESSION B - Friday, May 31, 2013 - Part II

Unread postby Joe Kanocz » Fri May 31, 2013 8:03 pm

I'd really like to thank Mike for all the hard work this week on the RPO. He did the same work as everyone else. Mike installed windows, painted elastomeric coating on the roof canvas, and installed most of the screws to hold the sheet metal.
Joe Kanocz

Re: WORK SESSION B - Friday, May 31, 2013 - Part II

Unread postby Joe Kanocz » Fri May 31, 2013 9:36 pm

I forgot to mention that Mike is only 14 years old.
Joe Kanocz

Return to Work Session B (May 27 - May 31)