Retiring

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Retiring

Unread postby Jerry Sullivan » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:46 am

Just got back from my last stint as a docent out of Chama. Most fullfulling activity I've ever done. As a retired railroader, I approached it from the point of view of operations and got my "stripes" in 2019, then served in
2020-2023. However there are enough local docents in Chama & Antonito to make it difficult to get a "ride" and in 10 days, I had 2. My wife has insisted on a vacation next year THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE A TRAIN, and
by the next year I will be 86 and probably more of a liability than a assett. So this year was it. There are some very fine folks in the Docent Corps, and on the railroad. My particular favorites on the RR are Kim Garcia &
Lukas Maise. Lukas is as fine a conductor as you will find on any railroad, very safety focussed, and very serious about his work. He is also a qualified fireman and on one of this year's trips he did that. Kim has also
qualified as a firegirl and while I guess it pays more than commissary person, it is a terrible waste of a great personality.

For ayone taking their family out there for a ride, I highly recommend the Victorian B&B. :proceed:
Jerry Sullivan
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Return to Web Cameras