11/15/2022 Interesting happenings

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

11/15/2022 Interesting happenings

Unread postby Jack Spencer » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:56 am

Well 484 did indeed come back yesterday so probably only went as far as Cumbres. This morning, however, it and 487 (I assume) are in the south yard with the long string of freight cars. Wonder what might happen?

They just headed out the yard. Maybe a deadhead move to Antonito, so we can assume 487 will winter there and possibly be the next locomotive converted to burn oil.
Just a guy who loves steam.
Jack Spencer
Conductor
Conductor

Re: 11/15/2022 Interesting happenings

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:22 am

So, the cars that 484 took up to Cumbres on Monday were picked up yesterday by that train and forwarded on to Antonito. The trick of doubling the hill was in play here. I had a further thought, with the requirement that all rolling stock that is to be use, has to have a yearly brake test. Well, the Friends would want to do that at the CRS in Antonito so, the railroad obliged and hauled all that were needed next year over there for the testing and any repair required,
Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Re: 11/15/2022 Interesting happenings

Unread postby Jack Spencer » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Sharon Evans wrote:So, the cars that 484 took up to Cumbres on Monday were picked up yesterday by that train and forwarded on to Antonito. The trick of doubling the hill was in play here. I had a further thought, with the requirement that all rolling stock that is to be use, has to have a yearly brake test. Well, the Friends would want to do that at the CRS in Antonito so, the railroad obliged and hauled all that were needed next year over there for the testing and any repair required,

Well, according to Sam Seiber's latest commission report, 487 will indeed be converted to burn oil and only Antonito can do that. I'd say those cars might be the next projects for the Friends during the work sessions at Antonito.
Just a guy who loves steam.
Jack Spencer
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Web Cameras