Web Cam 10-23-12

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Web Cam 10-23-12

Unread postby Larry Kotur » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 am

While watching the web cams about 8:00 pm EST (6:00 pm local), there was a freight that pulled in leaving the consist on a siding at the north end and I followed the locomotive until it disappeared from the view of the south camera. A short time later another freight came in from the north. I didn't get to see where it spotted the consist (away from pc) but when I returned, the locomotive was headed south towards the wye. A short time later, the camera display switched to Black and White (dusk) and the two locomotives returned to a track siding just north of the station. I was waiting for them to move and watched two or three workers walk down the tracks from the locomotives to the water tank. It appeared that they were doing something to the track in that area. They were there for quite some time (30-45 minutes) and then they returned to the locomotives. Then something happened that was unexpected, the two locomotives at the engine shop came out on the mainline and stopped on the main near the fire hose shed. While waiting for more action (about 19:22 Chama time), I noticed some movement on the south camera coming from the machine shop across the tracks to the parking lot. It was deer and lots of them. They stopped on the tracks and looked in both directions. I counted at least 18 deer. Didn't get to see the movement of the 4 locomotives (went to bed). Love the web cams! And the sound is pretty good too!

Larry
Larry Kotur
Brakeman
Brakeman

Return to Web Cameras