Microphones?

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Microphones?

Unread postby Bill Grierson » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 am

Just wondering if there are plans to activate the microphones yet this season? I know it is a volunteer effort and that Jason lives in Houston and has a new family member, but just curious about the status.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Grierson
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Re: Microphones?

Unread postby Ross Davis » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:10 pm

I do hope the sound can be restored for the events coming up this month.

I have been visiting the C&TSRR since the early 1980s. I joined the Friends during the 1980s and have supported them in as many ways as I can ever since. Living in Europe at the time, I was able to visit most years and even participate in a few of the early work sessions. After moving to Singapore, it became more difficult to visit - but I still visited every couple of years. Now I live in Australia and with Covid it is impossible for me to get there. The cameras are now my only lifeline! I watch them in my cinema (140" screen, Laser 4K projector, Dolby Atmos!) almost every day - except when I have volunteer duty on my local Heritage Railway.

I must thank all those who helped in any way to get the cameras installed, and all those that help in any way to maintain them. I love the C&TSRR and although I have helped, and continue to help, a number of railway organisations around the world, this line has been, and always will be, my favourite. It's a genuine gem! I do wish so much that I could be there for the upcoming events. But at least the cameras will let me feel and breath the experience a little. If there is any chance that the sound could be restored, I would be forever in the gratitude of anyone involved.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a safe, healthy, and enjoyable time,

Ross Davis.
Ross Davis
Brakeman
Brakeman

Return to Web Cameras