12/09/2017 Saturday - Kotur 18 Deer

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

12/09/2017 Saturday - Kotur 18 Deer

Unread postby Rick Calkins » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Web Cam 10-23-12

Larry Kotur » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 am
While watching the web cams about 8:00 pm EST (6:00 pm local), there was a freight that pulled in leaving the consist on a siding at the north end and I followed the locomotive until it disappeared from the view of the south camera. A short time later another freight came in from the north. I didn't get to see where it spotted the consist (away from pc) but when I returned, the locomotive was headed south towards the wye. A short time later, the camera display switched to Black and White (dusk) and the two locomotives returned to a track siding just north of the station. I was waiting for them to move and watched two or three workers walk down the tracks from the locomotives to the water tank. It appeared that they were doing something to the track in that area. They were there for quite some time (30-45 minutes) and then they returned to the locomotives. Then something happened that was unexpected, the two locomotives at the engine shop came out on the mainline and stopped on the main near the fire hose shed. While waiting for more action (about 19:22 Chama time), I noticed some movement on the south camera coming from the machine shop across the tracks to the parking lot. It was deer and lots of them. They stopped on the tracks and looked in both directions. I counted at least 18 deer. Didn't get to see the movement of the 4 locomotives (went to bed). Love the web cams! And the sound is pretty good too!

Larry

Larry Kotur
Brakeman

This is a wonderful photo taken by Roger Hogan In the nearby Chama area.

Here are some screenshots of what's happening in Chama, Cumbres Pass, and the streets cornering Antonito.

South View Chama Yard

North View Chama Yard

Chama Depot View

Diesel Locomotive #15 visible behind engine house, steam Locomotive #315 parked ahead of caboose just West of Roundhouse.(12/07/2017)

Diesel Locomotive #15 is seen placing Locomotive #315 in front of caboose prior to locating to West of roundhouse. (12/07/2017)

View of Cumbres Pass looking north toward highway 17 rail crossing.

This view of moonrise taken less than 1/2 hour before midnight, December 8, 2017.

View of Cumbres Pass looking south toward Chama.

Snapshot taken 8:47 -12/09/2017

Corner View of Antonito C&TSR Yard

Taos Kachina Run View East Of Chama Yards

by Roger Hogan

Christmas train slippin and sliding - December 12, 2016
A close look, while the Christmas train is moving, shows kids cleaning fogged windows for a better view.

Just copy and paste this link into an email and share Roger's Christmas Video with your friends. https://youtu.be/JsAe-lsnArc

Click Here To Make Reservations For 2017 Christmas Trains

"Tis a privilege to live in New Mexico."

Honored to have Friend's membership ranking of "Conductor."
Rick Calkins
Engineer
Engineer

Return to Web Cameras