12/07/2017 Thursday A Christmas Surprise

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

12/07/2017 Thursday A Christmas Surprise

Unread postby Rick Calkins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 am

The Elves came out and put Christmas lights on the big blue spruce tree north of Depot.

The staff of the C&TSR in Chama and Antonito, The Friends everywhere, including Albuquerque, wish the Web Cam viewers a Very Merry Narrow Gauge Christmas!

South View Chama Yard

North View Chama Yard

Chama Depot View

View of Cumbres Pass looking north toward highway 17 rail crossing.

View of Cumbres Pass looking south toward Chama.

Corner View of Antonito C&TSR Yard

Taos Kachina Run View East Of Chama Yards

"Tis a privilege to live in New Mexico."
Last edited by Rick Calkins on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Honored to have Friend's membership ranking of "Conductor."
Rick Calkins
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 12/07/2017 Thursday A Christmas Surprise

Unread postby Jonathan Cordova » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:59 am

all aboard
im a friends member and d&s is mostly where my heart is
Jonathan Cordova
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 am

Nice catch on the lighted tree, Rick. Too bad we can't see it in color. On another note, we're once again not getting current feeds from CDOT on the Antonito and Chama cameras. If you note the date line at top of each frame, you'll see when the captures were actually made. To get a current view, you'll need to go directly to the CDOT website. For what it's worth, however, the view isn't much different this morning than it was a month ago!
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Rick Calkins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

Edwin Frey wrote:Nice catch on the lighted tree, Rick. Too bad we can't see it in color. On another note, we're once again not getting current feeds from CDOT on the Antonito and Chama cameras. If you note the date line at top of each frame, you'll see when the captures were actually made. To get a current view, you'll need to go directly to the CDOT website. For what it's worth, however, the view isn't much different this morning than it was a month ago!

Good morning Edwin. Surprised the Christmas Tree rendered so brightly and clear in the darkness. I too would like to know the colors of the lights. The folks at CDOT must have read your comment. The shots of the cameras you mentioned are shown above and are now current. Here is a static shot from the Antonito camera.

Rick Calkins
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Jonathan Cordova » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am

have a good narrow gauge Holiday rick keep u the good job
im a friends member and d&s is mostly where my heart is
Jonathan Cordova
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Rick Calkins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am

Mr. Ed. I am going to be a bit brash and suggest that you clear the "cached images and files" in your browser. Moreover, I'm going to suggest that you are using Chrome. If so, go to options by clicking on the three dot icon in the upper right corner of the browser. Next, activate the more tools option on the menu that appears. Now, activate the "Clear Browsing Date provision. Now, uncheck all options except "Cached Images and Files." Then go to the bottom and click on the blue button that is labeled clear browsing data. Once completed, close your Chrome browser. Now, restart Chrome and go to the WebCam page. The previously "frozen" graphics should now have current pictures. It is a cold but beautiful day in San Juan country.

Why does this work? The browser is a wonderful piece of software. To make your use appear seamless - without interruption - it keeps much of the information you see on the interface in files on your computer until no longer required. The cached image files are temporarily held on your computer. Why? If the files you need are preloaded before the browser calls for them, then a rendition of a video or other graphics will be smooth. The demand on internet broadband is also lessened since most of the the files needed to complete the task are already on your machine. However, if the file becomes corrupted it is not unusual for it to be retained and used over and over again. This appears to be your problem. OK I dived into the deep dodo, however give my suggesting a try. You have nothing to lose except defunct graphic files. Also, my Chrome browser has suffered your problem and cleaning out the graphic cache worked successfully. This "cure" can also be used for other browsers, i.e. Firefox.

You might also try using the free edition of CCleaner from Piriform. Once installed and opened, you will find that you can set it to clear the internet cache of most popular browsers. The program is stable and has been widely used for years.
Rick Calkins
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 am

Thanks, Rich, I'll try that.
(Later) It worked! I appreciate your thorough instructions!
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Tom Casper » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 am

Thanks Rick, it fixed mine also. Nice to know

Tom C.
Later:
tom at srclry dot com
A student of the Southend RGS!
Tom Casper
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Rick Calkins » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am

Good Morning Mr. Ed and Tom,
Thanks for your kind remarks. You did good work.

Stay Safe and Rock On
Rick

"Tis a privilege to live in New Mexico."

Rick Calkins
Engineer
Engineer

Return to Web Cameras