Doing some "real" work

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Doing some "real" work

Unread postby Ed from Loveland » Sat May 11, 2013 7:08 am

Not only is 488 still hot, but she's actually doing some switching in the yard this morning. Also, Jason's comment about an alumnus arriving may happen today. According to a post on the NGDF this morning, the guest is due to arrive in Chama some time later today. Will be interesting to see how they handle the arrival. :grin:
Ed from Loveland

Re: Doing some "real" work

Unread postby Dave in CA » Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 am

488 came out at 7:10am, and headed over to pick up a caboose and a gon. As I write this, they are now down at the "Y" switching (rearranging) the caboose/gon order. Seems someone/someplace down there must serve a great cup of coffee, as they've been down there for quite some time without a peep. Unfortunately, I have to head out. I look forward to reading the posts as to what happens for the rest of the day. Thanks! Dave
Dave in CA

Unread postby Ed from Loveland » Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 am

Turns out that it was mire than coffee that held them down there for so long. They had to pick up a load from the Colorado Railroad Museum, in the form of a leased diesel. #15 is now sitting on the track which had all winter been occupied by the three boxcars with the disintegrating roof walks. 488 is back in the engine house.
Ed from Loveland

Unread postby Robert Roman » Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 am

My, what BIG FEET this little diesel has! Looks like it was designed to step lightly on the rails. I'll be interested to see how the C&TSR puts it to use.

Great video of it being unloaded from a truck at the end of tracks, incidentally.

be well,
bob roman
Robert Roman

Unread postby Pete Stagg » Sun May 12, 2013 8:34 am

So Bob, where can one see this video, or are you just pulling everyones chain?
Pete Stagg

Unread postby robert roman » Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 am

Pete Stagg wrote:So Bob, where can one see this video, or are you just pulling everyones chain?

That too. :)

http://youtu.be/dMBpgyDfY1A

be well,
bob roman
robert roman

Return to Web Cameras