Just an observation

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Just an observation

Unread postby Russ Wood » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am

The village of Chama is not all that big but when I go to the web cams and look at the north camera view, there is always a vehicle traveling along the street or at least one very minute or two. Like I said just an observation, nothing earth shattering.

I really enjoy going to the webcams and taking a look every few hours every day. Not quite the same as being there but it sure helps to know whats going on. Thanks again to the group that made this possible. I am anxious to see the writeup on how they did it. Russ
Russ Wood
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Re: Just an observation

Unread postby Clayton Sandt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 am

I'm glad that I am not alone in my habit of tuning in to the yard cameras at least once a day just to sit and watch nothing happening but enjoying it just the same. I fine it very relaxing to watch the occasional animal and even more occasional person wandering thru the yards either looking for food or for the pleasure of up close inspection of railroad equipment that is had to find elsewhere in the United States. For the most part they are both able to do their thing with little or no interference. A number of times I have seen fox and deer wandering around without anything bothering their travels. I also happened to be watching when individuals and occasionally families have wandered around the yards inspecting details of a currently shut down but still active working rail yard.
I look forward to this Spring and Summer when I again will have an opportunity to be wandering the yard and working towards the preservation of this experience for the future years. I hope that this ability for friends and fans to observe will energize more people to take the plunge and volunteer this coming year to work on the railroad.
Clayton Sandt
Brakeman
Brakeman

Return to Web Cameras