RVC Progress Report?

Here's your chance to publicly ask the Friends Board of Directors your questions about the Friends. Get the real scoop directly from the source.

RVC Progress Report?

Unread postby Greg Raven » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Howdy to the Board-

I would like to know how the RVC architect-engineering design for the RVC is progressing. Is it on schedule for completion by the end of this year?

Also, it was never clear to me if there was final SHPO approval for the RVC in the north end of the yard. What is the story on that?

Regards,
Greg
Greg Raven
Fireman
Fireman

Re: RVC Progress Report?

Unread postby Tim Tennant » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 am

Thanks for the question Greg. With the advent of the Chama Roundhouse concept by American Heritage Railways and supported by the Commission, that is the direction the Commission, AHR and the Friends are heading. We have received an Enhancement grant that are Federal dollars which funnel through New Mexico DOT. These funds will be used for the architectural and design phase of the project. A RFP has to be developed for review by NMDOT before it can actually be advertised. That is where the project stands. So far we have had positive feedback from New Mexico's Historic Preservation Division on the Roundhouse concept.
Tim Tennant
Engineer
Engineer

Re: RVC Progress Report?

Unread postby Greg Raven » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Wow! I hope the NMDOT reports back with good news.
I believe this will become the visitor's center the C&TSRR will be proud to show to the world.

Thank you for the answer, and please keep us informed on the progress of this project.

Regards,
Greg
Greg Raven
Fireman
Fireman

Return to Ask the Board of Directors