Crossroads Village-Huckleberry Railroad's #464

Related Historic Railroads & Museums

Crossroads Village-Huckleberry Railroad's #464

Unread postby Farol Henkle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 pm

I spent the day yesterday at Crossroads Village Huckleberry Railroad's annual "Railfan Weekend." Sadly to say "Squeeky" #463 sister Mudhen, #464, is very sick. She had a boiler problem and it keeps leaking. Updates can be found on the Facebook page under Mid-Michigan Railroad (I believe that's the page). So, their other engine, #152, will be the only one running for who knows how long. :sad:
Last edited by Farol Henkle on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farol Henkle
Conductor
Conductor

Re: Crossroads Village-Huckleberry Railroad's #464

Unread postby Jack Spencer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:23 pm

Farol Henkle wrote:I spent the day yesterday at Crossroads Village Huckleberry Railroad's annual "Railfan Weekend." Sadly to say "Squeeky" #463 sister Mudhen, #464, is very sick. She had a boiler problem and it keeps leaking. Updates can be found on the Facebook page under Mid-Michigan Railroad (I believe that's the page). So, their other engine, #152, will be the only one running for who knows how long. :sad:

Farol, that's very disappointing. The K-27s are some of my favourite American locomotives, and anyway, I'm not a big fan of 152. I will miss 464 just about as much as you; but, at least we've still got old 463!
Just a guy who loves steam.
Jack Spencer
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Jonathan Cordova » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 pm

to bad 464 cant just come to chama
im a friends member and d&s is mostly where my heart is
Jonathan Cordova
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Farol Henkle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 am

Well, at least it was a good time with friends there. Even their folk singer Neil Woodward, Michigan's Troubodor, sang his latest song, "464", and when he saw me wearing my Cumbres denim jacket with the #463 embroidered on the back, he had me model it for the audience. Neat! Fun times with friends.
Farol Henkle
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Related Railroads & Museums