Texas State Railroad Photographer's Special 2016

Related Historic Railroads & Museums

Texas State Railroad Photographer's Special 2016

Unread postby Jason Rose » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 pm

The TSR is continuing to make a serious effort to improve this event. Several narrow gauge fans from around the state, me included, had the opportunity to assist last year. We were successful and were asked to assist again this year. So, unlike most events of this nature, this one is being driven largely by volunteer fans.

The consist will be Southern Pine Lumber #28 and 5-8 historic freight cars and caboose. There will likely be a single coach as well. If I get details, I'll post them.

The night before the excursion, we're doing a photo shoot at the Rusk Depot. SPL 28 and the freight cars will be used. It's also very likely that Magma Arizona #7 will be ready and part of the event.

As part of our efforts to improve things, we're using volunteer "models" in period railroad uniforms with lanterns and other props to give the guests a variety of photo opportunities during the night shoot and the excursion. We're also planning to “hoop up” orders to the engine crew and conductor out on the line.

Another goodie the railroad is adding this year is cab rides between the run-by stops. The price hasn't been set yet, but it'll be fairly low. $15 or $20 for a 10-20 minute ride. Again, if I get details, I'll post them.

Please consider attending this year. We're working hard to make this a special event and the more people attend, the more likely we can do it again next year and continue to “up our game”. And you just can't beat the price! $100 gets you the night shoot, the all-day excursion, and lunch.

Saturday. July 2 - Night Shoot in Rusk (will coincide with fireworks show)
Sunday, July 3 - All-day Excursion
Monday, July 4 - 40th Anniversary of TSR (event details TBA)

Photographer's Excursion Details: http://www.texasstaterr.com/ride/rail-f ... s-special/
40th Anniversary Details: http://www.texasstaterr.com/ride/40th-a ... rain-ride/

Here are a few photos from last year:
1) Night photo shoot in Palestine
2) Neches River
3) Dean Wright

Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Re: Texas State Railroad Photographer's Special 2016

Unread postby Blake Bogs » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Can't wait to attend and see how the charter turns out!
Enjoy,
Blake
Blake Bogs
Fireman
Fireman

Return to Related Railroads & Museums