Volunteer requirements

Do you have the skills to help the Friends from afar? Do you do woodworking? Welding? Historical Research? Can you repair/restore equipment in your home workshop? This sub-forum is a way for you to connect with the Project Leaders and for Project Leaders to advertise what projects are in need of special skills.

Volunteer requirements

Unread postby Wayne Hoskin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 am

I am looking forward to participating in a Friends work session next year, so I am after any info on participant requirements. I am from Australia so will need to know any specific issues that I will have to address, such as insurance etc.

Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne Hoskin
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Re: Volunteer requirements

Unread postby Paul Davenport » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:21 am

Hi Wayne,

Others can add what they know or suggest, but here's a link to the 2018 volunteer instructions:

https://www.cumbrestoltec.org/images/st ... 202018.pdf

And here's a link to the page where the instructions and and other volunteer info and forms are posted:

https://www.cumbrestoltec.org/volunteer ... forms.html

I think folks would be responsive to any specific questions you have.

Paul
Paul Davenport
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Wayne Hoskin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 am

So, not much over 12 months till I get over to C&TS so time to start planning our (3 of us) trip, we hope to participate in a Friends work session, the links Paul posted have been a help but I still have a question or two:-
Insurance, the forms call for private medical insurance, for us coming from Oz is this just adequate travel insurance, or is something with more cover required, I would like an Aussie who has participated to chime in here, I may put a call out on the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum for Aussie help.
Dates, we need to pencil in some dates, is there any way (or a formula) to ascertain the July/August work session dates so we can start planning.
I am sure I will have more questions to follow, I hope it can be all worked out, if we can't finalise these details we will just be tourists for a week, we are coming regardless.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne Hoskin (aka Wayne from Oz)
Wayne Hoskin
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Unread postby Paul Davenport » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:44 am

Hi Wayne,
A Friends schedule of August dates, including work sessions, was posted in the Chama yard during D work session.
E = July 29-Aug. 2 and F = Aug. 5-9.
Paul

IMG_0129 (1).jpg
Paul Davenport
Engineer
Engineer

Return to HELP WANTED!