C&TSRR Commission Settles Loco Swap Question

Discussions regarding the Bi-State Commission overseeing Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

C&TSRR Commission Settles Loco Swap Question

Unread postby Steve Forney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 am

The Commission discusses and votes on a Motion To Ratify the vote, taken 16 July 2015, to give Conditional Approval to the swap of locomotives 478 and 483.

Due to technical editing limitations, this rush edit has only one camera angle and less than desirable audio. Once the production team returns to its home studio, the expected high quality edition will be made available.

Part 1 https://youtu.be/d5ip-lM7zbU

Part 2 https://youtu.be/fuRcG5c3X-Q

Steve
Steve Forney
Steve Forney
Fireman
Fireman

Re: C&TSRR Commission Settles Loco Swap Question

Unread postby Jason Rose » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:26 am

Thank you, Mr. Forney. Your above-and-beyond efforts are appreciated.
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Unread postby William Reed » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:52 am

All I can say this was an interesting turn of events, don't 100% understand why there was a shift in the decision making. I would have liked to see 483 get back in service--now unless I hit the Mega Millions that will not happen. Appreciate the coverage Mr. Forney.

thanks

William
aka drgwk37
William Reed
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Unread postby John Hamman » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:27 pm

I too am sad to learn that the 483 is going to sit incomplete for the foreseeable future and that I probably will not have the opportunity to see the 478 run again on the Chama - Antonito run. I do appreicate though that the 483 is very special to many who got the C&T off the ground. And I am somewhat encouraged that we may see the 497 again - did not realize it is complete but awaiting inspection (I think if my understanding is correct here that means it still needs all of the work to bring up to the point to pass inspection but that all its parts, etc are there - somebody else can help me out with the rest of the technical aspects of this who know much better than I). I certainly appreciate everybody's position in this as well as well as that there just is not enough of a consensus to move forward with the swap. How nice that we can get the decision "live." I do not know you Steve, but thanks.
John
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Return to C&TSRR Commission