Thank you to Roger

Get the latest news here. Forum Instructions/Tips are also here.

Thank you to Roger

Unread postby Paul Davenport » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:43 pm

I want to use this forum to publicly thank Roger Hogan for helping the Friends tree and brush crew by recently shooting drone video of the right-of-way in and around the Narrows and on both sides of Lobato. We'll be working there during a special project in work session A in May -- work that I'm told the railroad requested due to what was described as damage from an early fall storm that dropped heavy snow in the Chama area. To be clear, the tracks themselves were and probably are still clear and trains have already traveled through those areas since the storm in question. I think that was in September 2019 but maybe it was in 2020. Anyway, Roger responded affirmatively to our request of a couple weeks ago for video to enable us scout conditions in the work area from afar and he has mailed us DVDs of his very capable work with the drone. Members of the crew have started individually studying the video and we'll compare notes to help us plan what what we'll need to do and where along the ROW in our limited time on the ground in May. Roger and I consulted on when to shoot the video and I think we nailed the timing -- after the snow melted but before the trees grew out much. BTW, I gather that the video would suck up too much bandwidth to be posted here. Thank you, Roger.
-- Paul, on behalf of the Project 1370.
Paul Davenport
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Thank you to Roger

Unread postby Tom Smith » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:08 am

While I am not involved with this project, after watching countless hours of his posted videos and even meeting him in person once in Chama during one of my trips to NG land, I can say that Roger is one of the very best at what he does. So to tag on to Paul's post: From those of us that get to enjoy the NG from afar via Roger's videos, THANK YOU as well!!
Tom D Smith
Mercer, MO
Tom Smith
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Return to NEWS & Updates