Joining the unemployed

Get the latest news here. Forum Instructions/Tips are also here.

Joining the unemployed

Unread postby Roger Hogan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:58 am

As of (07-10-12) I am no longer employed by the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. I had a meeting with Ken Matzick the interim GM and he explained to me that since so much of my old job is now being handled by others that HRM no longer needs me as a employee.

I was not given a job description and was not trained for The Retail Sales Manager job which was then given to me.

I would of posted this when it happened but I was waiting for a signed termination letter which I have asked for but as of today I still don't have one but I wanted to post this before a bunch of rumors get started.

Bottom Line: I have been fired and that is OK. IMHO the management company is doing what they believe is best for the railroad.

I was offered another part time, seasonal position with the railroad which I turned down. The compensation offered was probably all the railroad could afford, but well below reasonable for the job.

IMHO: Nothing else needs to be said and I am still a 100% supporter of the railroad and I plan on remaining a 100% supporter of the railroad. I will make myself available to the railroad on a contract basis if they want me to do something for them.

IMHO: It was a fun ride and I have no regrets and I wish HRM and the Cumbres & Toltec the best of luck in everything they do.
Roger Hogan
Roger Hogan
Conductor
Conductor

Re: Joining the unemployed

Unread postby Greg Raven » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:38 am

Hi Roger-

That's too bad things didn't work out with you and HRM. Best of luck in your next venture!

What is your assessment of the economic activity in the Chama area this summer? How are the tourist based businesses doing?

Regards,
Greg
Greg Raven
Fireman
Fireman

Unread postby Roger Hogan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:18 am

Greg Raven wrote:Hi Roger-

That's too bad things didn't work out with you and HRM. Best of luck in your next venture!

What is your assessment of the economic activity in the Chama area this summer? How are the tourist based businesses doing?

Regards,
Greg

Very slow from what I see and hear.
Roger Hogan
Roger Hogan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Jason Rose » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 am

Roger, this is disappointing, to say the least.

Thank you for your years of hard work. Thank you for bringing us the latest news and media with class and professionalism.
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Unread postby Roger Hogan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 am

Jason Rose wrote:Roger, this is disappointing, to say the least.

Thank you for your years of hard work. Thank you for bringing us the latest news and media with class and professionalism.

Thank you Jason for your kind post.
Roger Hogan
Roger Hogan
Conductor
Conductor

Return to NEWS & Updates