Chama work session

Chama work session

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 pm

I have received a few pictures of the work being done on the stock car in Chama. John Cole forwarded these pictures of Bill Locks Chama crew to me. I do not know who actually took them but a big thank you for that. John told me that once they were finished today, Friday, the car would be recovered and moved to a secure location. Probably not the swamp since John said it was waterlogged and unsafe to move into at this time.
Crew working on the roof supports of stock car 5691 (1 of 1).jpg
Crew working on the roof supports of stock car 5691

Showing one end of 5691 with the grab irons and markings with some new wood attached (1 of 1).jpg
Showing one end of 5691 with the grab irons and markings with some new wood attached

Looking down the length of the 5691 we can see how much new framing was put in place (1 of 1).jpg
Looking down the length of the 5691 we can see how much new framing was put in place

A picture from the other side of the 5991 showing work being done on the roof supports (1 of 1).jpg
A picture from the other side of the 5991 showing work being done on the roof supports

Drilling into the top frame also showing the cross bracing as well as the temporary strap support on the end. (1 of 1).jpg
Drilling into the top frame also showing the cross bracing as well as the temporary strap support on the end.

Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Re: Chama work session

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Don Atkinson also included 4 shots he took in Chama so here they are.
1 Back in Chama, we have a shot of the rebuilding of stock car 5691.jpg
Back in Chama, we have a shot of the rebuilding of stock car 5691

2 Two of the Chama crew by the scholl as they work on the rebuild.jpg
Two of the Chama crew by the scaffold as they work on the rebuild

3 Wood being cut to size for caboose work.jpg
Wood being cut to size for caboose work

4 Further woodwork for the 5691.jpg
Further woodwork for the 5691

Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Return to All 2020 Work Sessions Combined