Yard Limit signs

Discussion Pertaining to Work Session C - 2018

Yard Limit signs

Unread postby Paul Davenport » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:46 am

The C work session's sign crew spent some time and energy on some deferred maintenance, namely two Yard Limit signs which needed to be repainted. One is east of Big Horn Wye and the other is east of Sublette. We don't often get to work on these signs because they're tall enough to require a ladder to paint the wings and they're some distance from where we can drive. We painted both signs backgrounds on one day and then returned the next day to paint the letters after the base was good and dry. BTW, our team leader rode the train before the work session to scout for needed work and observed that the Yard Limit signs west of both Big Horn and Sublette were in good shape and didn't need work this year. The photo of the sign in front of a fir tree shows the sign west of Sublette. I shot that photo when I and another crew members went to that sign's area to work on a nearby milepost and a whistleboard while the other three team members handled the Yard Limit sign east of Sublette. BTW, don't get the wrong impression about the team member taking a moment to sit down and rest in the photo of the work site east of Big Horn. He's a new-to-the-crew volunteer who knows his way around the railroad and did his share of the work. Finally, I've included a photo of the station sign at Sublette, AKA Matterhorn. Since we had a ladder with us, it also got some touchup while we were in the neighborhood.
IMG_4614.jpg
Yard Limit sign at MP 298.7
IMG_4614.jpg
Yard Limit sign at MP 298.7
Attachments
IMG_4633.jpg
Yard Limit sign at MP 306.9
IMG_4626.jpg
Sublette station sign
IMG_4626.jpg (275.44 KiB) Viewed 2529 times
Paul Davenport
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Yard Limit signs

Unread postby Paul Davenport » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 am

Well, I see I got the captions wrong and somehow duplicated one photo despite using the preview function. Sorry about that.
Paul
Paul Davenport
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Yard Limit signs

Unread postby Jason Rose » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks, Paul. Looks great.

One of these years I REALLY want to join your team.
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Return to Work Session C (June 18-22)