G session was amazing

Discussion Pertaining to Work Session G - 2015

G session was amazing

Unread postby Ed Lowrance » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Attachments
another bolster.JPG
work on trucks for 470 continues at an accelerated pace thanks to several new metal workers - thanks guys!
bending new air line .JPG
Work on Gramps car air lines continues at a brisk pace. we'll as brisk as schedule 80 pipe allows!
scaling flat 6528.JPG
Flat 6528 was scaled out side the CRF - no wind for several days!
more rust inhibitor  background is te crane.JPG
After scaling Rust inhibitor was applied Notice the crane in the background - that's another story
lifting stock car 5995 on to its rucks.JPG
Alcon Construction brought their big crane to the yard. Stock car 5995 is to be lifted onto newly rebuild trucks constructed out of scrap parts found in the Chama swamp! Marvin created an extension on track 3 to allow this to be done easily.
ridr gon being dissabmbled.JPG
Rider gon 1357 had no sills left and is to be completely disassembled - here is work in progress.
moving box and stock car.JPG
There was still time on the clock so the cars acquired from Halperin - Box 3159 and stock car 5774 were also retrucked on track 1 in front of the CSF
ian kelly drilling axle keepers.JPG
More work on the 470 trucks - here Ian Kelly is drilling axle keepers
parking lot extension.JPG
Antonito is hosting a record number of Friends volunteers - so the parking lost will be extend and graveled of course some stuff was in the way
Ed Lowrance
Fireman
Fireman

Re: G session was amazing

Unread postby Rich Murray » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Ed, you're a good man! Thanks for posting those for us 'stuck at homes'! I really appreciate the look into what's going on.
Rich
Rich Murray

Unread postby Craig Kumler » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks Ed for keeping us up to date on everything Antonito! Keep the pics coming. The Friends had a fantastic work year on the RR.
Craig Kumler
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Thank you Ed for all the pics from this session as well as the others, certainly helps keep us all informed.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Tom Casper » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:53 am

Thanks Ed for the post of the pictures. I know it takes your time and I appreciate that.

Tom C.
Later:
tom at srclry dot com
A student of the Southend RGS!
Tom Casper
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby John Cole » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:20 am

FYI, we have had a terrible time getting on the internet out at our campgrounds. Ed is my neighbor and he has tried several times over as many days to post his report. He finally went into town at the library to download his photos to share with you. Talk about persevence!

I got permission from the campground host to raise the repeater antenna another 10' so now we can get better reception, so hopefully the data log jam is broken, keep yer fingers crossed.
John Cole
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Work Session G (September 28 - October 2)