Travel article on the C&TSRR

Discussions regarding the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

Travel article on the C&TSRR

Unread postby Allan Kirkpatrick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Justin Franz wrote an article very complimentary about the C&TSRR in the Sunday travel section of the Washington Post on September 22, 2018. He did a nice job of describing the railroad, history, and the part that the Friends played in it. It was also mentioned the part the railroad plays in the way it brings a substantial financial benefit to the area.
I believe this article can be found on line at the washingtonpost.com/travel section.

Allan & Irene Kirkpatrick
Allan Kirkpatrick
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Travel article on the C&TSRR

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Here is the direct link to the article https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 95d45c2ff8 I am a subscriber so don't know if it will work for non subscribers.
Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Tom Casper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:46 am

it opened ok for me. had a lot of adds to dodge!

Tom C.
Later:
tom at srclry dot com
A student of the Southend RGS!
Tom Casper
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Rich Murray » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 am

Allan Kirkpatrick wrote:Justin Franz wrote an article very complimentary about the C&TSRR in the Sunday travel section of the Washington Post on September 22, 2018. He did a nice job of describing the railroad, history, and the part that the Friends played in it. It was also mentioned the part the railroad plays in the way it brings a substantial financial benefit to the area.
I believe this article can be found on line at the washingtonpost.com/travel section.

Allan & Irene Kirkpatrick

Thank you posting the link, I enjoyed the article a l ot!
this line put a smile on my face.
"Evan Martinez, a 20-year-old whose job is to maintain the locomotive’s fire. Martinez is a fifth generation railroader and started working at the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic in high school."
Evan 'toiled' with the Friends a bit and somewhere in the archives of this forum* he has been mentioned. A couple or 3 years ago you might have run into him in the gift shop.
* The Fall 2012 Dispatch
Rich Murray

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:18 am

I rode with Even on the platform on the parlor from Osier to Chama while Ray was the trains conductor and Even was his trainman. Wonder young gentleman who is following in his father's footsteps.
Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad