Discussions regarding the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

Unread postby Daniel Rohrbeck » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:16 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlement,

I know it's maybe a little early to look ahead to next year, but I'm planning to come back to Colorado in 2017 after a great holiday in June this year. As my employer is, let's say not really flexible concerning holiday, I have to start planning soon.

So, is there anything alreay knowns for the 2017 season, I would love to see 315 in action and maybe some freight trains. I have currently two ideas, one option could be late may, early june around Opening Day, and my second idea would be the Narrow Gauge Convention late august/september.

I'm not only going to visit Chama again, also the D&SNG und the museum in Golden could be interesting, as I would love to see the K-37 in action. I'm not sure what excactly the Narrow Gauge Convention is, but I read about it on the 315-website, is it likely to have other special events during that time?

Any help is welcome!

Best regards from Germany
Daniel
Daniel Rohrbeck
Brakeman
Brakeman

Re: 2017

Unread postby Jason Rose » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:08 am

Daniel, the senior staff is sometimes slow to answers questions here on the forum. If you need a quick response, I suggest calling the office and Ms. Gwen or Tim can likely help you out.

505-880-1311
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Re: 2017

Unread postby Rich Murray » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:16 am

Also Daniel, while I don't have the dates handy, the National Narrow Gauge convention will be held during the end of August in Denver(?). Both the CATSRR and the Friends will be planing activities to coincide with that event.
I know I won't be able to contact any one until Tuesday but I will see if I can get you better information then.
Rich Murray

Return to Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad