Your Friends Stories

Discussions regarding the Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

Your Friends Stories

Unread postby Chris James » Thu May 03, 2018 11:46 am

Hi gang -
By now you should have received your Spring 2018 issue of the Dispatch, the special 30th Anniversary issue. Anniversaries are always special events and I want to continue the 30th Anniversary "buzz" through the next three Dispatch issues of 2018. You can help:

I would like to include short "vignette" stories by the Friends in the next three issues. These are stories about your experiences with the Friends, the railroad or whatever. Maybe it's something that you're really proud of doing with the Friends. Perhaps it's something humorous or poignant. Perhaps it's a Work Session or a train ride that was important to you. I'm looking for about 250-300 words (even better if you have a photo) about something that you would like to share from the last 30 years (or less). I'm hoping to run three or four (or more?) little stories in each of the next issues, something that will keep that 30-year "buzz" alive.

Here is a sample of what I might be looking for that I wrote up about my joining the Friends back in 2007.

joining_friends.jpg
Whatever you feel like submitting is fine. I'll probably put a little bit of an editor's blue-line pencil to it, but I'll keep it as original as I can.

I'd love to hear your 30-year stories and I think a lot of other Friends would like that as well. You can either PM me here or email them to me at cjames@silverrailsleadville.com . I look forward to hearing from you!

Chris James
Chris James
Editor, C&TS Dispatch
Albuquerque, NM
Chris James
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Your Friends Stories

Unread postby Jonathan Cordova » Thu May 03, 2018 11:53 am

i did
im a friends member and d&s is mostly where my heart is
Jonathan Cordova
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Your Friends Stories

Unread postby Jason Rose » Thu May 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Great idea, Chris. I'll see if I can cull one from my website/archive that might be worthy of inclusion.
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Return to Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec