2012 TEAM LEADER REPORTS - PART I of IV

Disccusions regarding Work Sessions From Previous Years

2012 TEAM LEADER REPORTS - PART I of IV

Unread postby Ted Smith » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:19 pm

The 2012 Team Leader Reports are now available for the Forum. This is Part I of IV because of the size of the document.

Ed Lowrance and John Engs, our Project Committee Co-Chairs, have done a great job of summarizing the success of the Friends' this summer, and here are a couple of excerpts from their Co-Chair report in Part I:

"The Friends supported six week-long work sessions during 2012, completed in Chama NM, Antonito Colorado, along the C&TSRR mainline. The Colorado Springs work group continued work on the Immigrant Sleeper car #470, with twice a month scheduled sessions. While not a part of the Project Committee’s work, recognition should be extended to the large number of volunteers working behind the scenes preparing grant applications, writing software programs, traveling to planning sessions - all in support of the Friends restoration mission......

"Work hours donated by our volunteers during the six regular work sessions total 12,659.The Colorado Springs group added 850 hours for a total 13,509 hours. Using standard data of $20.00 per hour, the Friends organization contributed $271,800.00 in value.

"The Project Committee joint chairmen are so very grateful for all the volunteer workers. They make “working on the railroad” a rewarding experience for all who participate through their work and generous financial assistance.

Thank you! Ed Lowrance & John Engs"

Ed wanted us to explain that the $20 figure is the way we are allowed to value the Friends' in-kind contribution to the railroad in our fund-raising efforts by organizations like Independent Sector.com who audit overall labor rates in order to calculate the economic value of non-profits to our society. Also, the 13,509 figure does not take into account the many hours spent by Friends' volunteers at home doing the work that keeps the organization going.

Outstanding effort!

Ted
Attachments
Friends' Team Leader Reports - 2012 - Part I.pdf
(5.81 MiB) Downloaded 1534 times
Last edited by Ted Smith on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ted Smith
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Re: 2012 TEAM LEADER REPORTS - PART I

Unread postby Rich Murray » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Ted, those are some very impressive numbers!
Thank you for posting them.
Rich
(E pluribus unum)
Rich Murray

Unread postby Ted Smith » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi, Rich: I've tried to post Part II now five times, and it's been unsuccessful. I sent you and Jason an e-mail - attaching the PDF file which is 10 MB - is that too large?
Let me know and I'll break it up if need be,

Linda
Ted Smith
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Unread postby Greg Raven » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi Linda, that file should be much smaller. The images are not being re-sized or compressed when the PDF file is written. There may be a setting you can change to greatly reduce the image file size. It depends on the application you are using to make the file.

Enjoyed reading part 1! It's amazing the huge amount of stuff that gets done by the Friends to not only preserve the railroad, but also to help keep it operating.

Regards,
Greg
Greg Raven
Fireman
Fireman

Unread postby Ted Smith » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

THANKS, GREG - YES, TRULY AMAZING. THE TALENT IN THIS GROUP IS INCREDIBLE!
Ted Smith
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Unread postby Rich Murray » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 am

Ted Smith wrote:Hi, Rich: I've tried to post Part II now five times, and it's been unsuccessful. I sent you and Jason an e-mail - attaching the PDF file which is 10 MB - is that too large?
Let me know and I'll break it up if need be,

Linda

I'm not sure what the problem is and since our IT guy,Jason, is somewhere between Texas and Chama, I'll see if I can "fine tune" it this morning.
Rich
(E pluribus unum)
Rich Murray

Unread postby Jason Rose » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:54 am

I’ve got the forum set up to accept any size file. However, the hosting company has settings that can override mine. That appears to be the issue.

Linda, can you split that file into 2 parts?
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Re: 2012 TEAM LEADER REPORTS - PART I of IV

Unread postby Ted Smith » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Jason, the split worked fine! Adobe did it for me. Thanks! Keep doing good work in Chama,
Linda
Ted Smith
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Return to Work Sessions Before 2012