Oklahoma City Train Show

Discussions regarding the Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec and the History of the San Juan Extension of the Denver & Rio Grande Western

Oklahoma City Train Show

Unread postby Tim Tennant » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:39 pm

For those of you in the vicinity of Oklahoma City, come visit the Friends booth at the Oklahoma City Train Show this Saturday and Sunday December 3rd & 4th. The show is open on Saturday from 9:00am until 5:00pm and on Sunday from 11:00am until 5:00pm.
Tim Tennant
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Oklahoma City Train Show

Unread postby Tim Tennant » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm

For all you Friends members who stopped by our booth at the Oklahoma City Train Show we want to thank you. It was great to see the turnout at the show and to talk to so many members. We'll be back next year!
Tim Tennant
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Russ Wood » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 am

I went to the Oklahoma City Train Show site and see that it is very similar to a show we have here in Southern Oregon. My questions are; was your participation in this show a local effort by you and some members or was it a 'sponsored' event by the group, What did you present at the booth, did you have videos running, did you sell CTSRR merchandise? Thanks for any info. Russ
Russ Wood
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Unread postby Tim Tennant » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 am

Russ, members make me aware of train shows around the country that we could staff relative to exposure for the Friends and the railroad. At some shows we just present information to handout on the Friends and the C&TS. We also have a couple of TV/DVD players and two tabletop displays that we use for these type of shows. At this show we did sell merchandise as well and had DVD's playing. So, if there is a show in Oregon that might be worthwhile just let me know. You just need to ensure that you have ample people to staff the booth. Thanks for the note.
Tim Tennant
Engineer
Engineer

Return to General Discussion